Two years since requesting a trade to a contender, Miguel Tejada is heading to a new organization. …
Top 15 Prospects - 4/30
2) Brad James, RHP, 22, A+ Last week's surprise has continued to impress in Salem, pitching well on his only start of the week last Friday improving his overall record to 3-0, 0.67 ERA, 26.2 IP and 15 SO.
3) Ronnie Martinez, RHP, 23, AA Martinez makes his way up the list with another impressive start last Thursday, pitching 7 shutout innings while only allowing 7 base-runners (4H/3BB).
4) Chris Johnson, SS, 22, A Johnson has remained high on our list because of his continued steady hitting. Had a monstrous weekend, 6/10, 4 R, 5 RBI, 2 SB, while smashing two homers on Saturday.
5) James Van Ostrand, OF/ IB, 22, A This Canadian prospect ahs not stopped hitting since being left off of last weeks list, batting .410 with 13 RBI over the past 10 games, raising his season averages to .338/.392/.559.
6) Raymar Diaz, RHP, 23, A+ Diaz pitched well this past week, giving up just one earned run over 11 innings pitched. This big righty has a 2.96 ERA in five starts over 27.1 IP while recording 20 SO against 10 BB.
7) Eli Iorg, OF, 24, A+ Iorg got his name on the list by batting hitting safely in 10 consecutive games and improving his numbers to .316/.366/.487 with 15 R and stealing 8/9 bases.
8) David Qualben, LHP, 21, A Qualben impressed while earning another start this week after continuing to shine in relief (W in 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H against 5 SO). We'll wait and see if this signals a permanent move to the rotation.
9) Paul Estrada, RHP, 24, AAA Estrada continues to dominate in Round Rock's bullpen, running his stats to 2.19 ERA over 12.1 IP with 13 SO against 6 BB. Batters are hitting .273 against him though.
10) Josh Flores, OF, 21, A+ The Triton CC grad has cooled down a bit after a hot start but still collected 11 hits and 6 runs over the past 10 games, but still isn't showing much patience with just 1 walk over that span.
11) Sergio Perez, RHP, 22, A+ Last year's second round pick struggled in his only start of the week last Saturday, but Perez has still collected nearly a K/ IP (19/20.2).
12) Josh Anderson, OF, 24, AAA This speedy centerfielder is now the only prospect left in Round Rock's outfield. He has scored 15 R while snagging 9 bases, but he must be much more patient to be a leadoff man (5 BB in 97 AB).
13) Mark Ori, IB, 23, A+ Ori makes this weeks list because he has been crushing the ball of late, 16 hits in the past 10 games to raise his average to .338. Also showing the discipline (7BB/8SO), but not much power (.465 SLG).
14) Brian Bogusevic, LHP, 23, A+ The Astros 2005 first pick makes the list after a solid performance last week, earning a win by giving up just one run over five innings, with 5 SO.
15) Jonny Ash, UTL, 24, AA This Stanford alum hits wherever he goes, putting up a .354/.430/.524 clip so far with 7 doubles and just 4 SO in 82 AB. The Astros seem to see him as an organization guy, this is his second season at AA, but if he can earn a promotion to AAA soon, this guy is definitely a prospect to watch.
Fernando Nieve –AAA- Had two tuff starts this week that ballooned his ERA (9 R/ 7.2 IP)
Chance Douglass-AA- After a demotion and a tough first start, the 23-year old had his best outing Friday (7 IP, 1 ER, 4 SO).
J.R. Towles -A+- Still trying to find his swing, his 7 BB in the past 10 days resulted in a .372 OBP and 11 R.
Max Sapp -A- Has hit safely in 5 straight games and has shown enough patience for a .359 OBP.
Douglas Arguello –A- Had his first solid start of the season last night earning the win with 7 scoreless innings.
HoustonHardball.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More